AG Interns Wanted!
The Texas Junior Angus Association (TJAA) is hiring two interns for the spring and summer of 2023! This
is a great opportunity to serve the community you love, gain experience, and grow your resume!
Interested applicants should apply between October 1 and November 30.
- Be a current undergraduate college student with a 3.0 or better G.P.A.
- Be able to attend zoom meetings as necessary with the TJAA Board and Advisors
- Be able to attend in person the State Junior Angus Show (in June, in Belton Texas) and the
National Junior Angus Show (in July, 2023 show in Grand Island, NE) – these are the two
- Have the understanding that they will not be a participant in either of the required shows as
Intern #1 Title: Communications and Social Media Intern
- Would coordinate with the TJAA advisors and focus on supporting communication amongst
the TJAA membership
- Would coordinate with the TJAA advisors to keep our social media presence up to date and
- Would assist in recording events at the two required shows to be used in advertising and
Intern #2 Title: Events and Activities Intern
- Would coordinate with the TJAA advisors and focus on planning and scheduling for the two
- Would coordinate with the TJAA advisors and assist in fundraising for TJAA activities
- Would assist with the coordination of judges and contests for the two required shows
Selection of Interns:
- Applicants will be required to send to the TJAA advisors a resume, a letter explaining why
they should be selected, a current college transcript, and be available for an interview via
- Applicants will be reviewed by the TJAA advisor team for selection
- A $1500 stipend will be paid to each of the interns to cover their transportation to and their
accommodations at the two required Junior Angus Shows.
- The monies would be paid to the interns in two installments – once in June and once in July.